ATX Community

Turbo Tax

taxtrio

Twice this week I've gotten new clients (referrals) That are former Turbo Tax users...

One client came in to see me and said she was "nervous" about her tax return.

When I asked her "why?" She replied that turbo tax said she owed money and she couldn't

image that she would owe. I completed the return and she was getting a refund. She was

greatly relieved. I asked her how much Turbo Tax said she owed. "over $9,000.00".

No wonder she was nervous... She agreed that she must have done something wrong....

She says from now on she'll leave the taxes to me and she'll stick to what she does best!

So much for their GPS system!

Taxtrio

Twice this week I've gotten new clients (referrals) That are former Turbo Tax users...

One client came in to see me and said she was "nervous" about her tax return.

When I asked her "why?" She replied that turbo tax said she owed money and she couldn't

image that she would owe. I completed the return and she was getting a refund. She was

greatly relieved. I asked her how much Turbo Tax said she owed. "over $9,000.00".

No wonder she was nervous... She agreed that she must have done something wrong....

She says from now on she'll leave the taxes to me and she'll stick to what she does best!

So much for their GPS system!

Taxtrio

I never thought I'd say this...."yay, Turbo Tax!". LOL

And, this week our local news had a bit on the "SnapTax" smartphone App.

They had a teacher, with two W-2s do her taxes on SnapTax. Then they had a paid preparer do them. The paid preparer resulted in a bigger refund. I think it was about $400, which is probably the MWP Credit.

I was happy to see that, and hope a lot of people saw it and will hopefully leave the tax preparation to a tax professional instead of their "phone".

So far, twice this year I have had last year's clients call to ask me to help get them out of a jam with Turbo Tax. Just yesterday, one called and said he needed the number on line 45. The number I had on line 45 was not the one he was looking for. He wanted AGI (whatever that is) :blush: I asked him where his copy of the return from last year was and he didn't know. I gave him the last years' AGI and hope he never calls again. If he does, I won't be answering.