ATX Community

Fee Collect

Cathy

My practice of "holding checks" for clients until their deposits from e-filed returns are deposited into their account is coming to a screeching halt as of today.....just can't make that deposit without verifying online whether or not their refund has hit their account. Would need to hire a full time person just to keep the "hold" checks separated from ok to deposit checks....enuf is enuf! Tell them to call me over the weekend if their refund didn't deposit, but I've had several people over the years call me later that Wednesday or Thursday....like I said, enuf is enuf! :spaz:

Therefore, if you've had experience with Fee Collect is/was it good/bad? (Please only respond if you have time.)

Also, is it just me or anyone else who have had their normal "March" clients come in February this year? Probably the economy....it's killing me as I call my "March" clients my "crazies" as they always have been NUTS!. Guess I'll just have to rename them my "March/Feb crazies". Not what I need in February....both my February "I NEED MY REFUND NOW" people along with my March "crazies". :mad:

Thanks!

Cathy

Wow Cathy,

It sounds like my office with the March guys showing up early. I keep telling myself that there are only so many hours in the day. I started the day with 78 returns in-house - and thanks to a show storm, I did not lose ground. But alot of these are what you refer to with the March crazies. It's not so much that they are crazy here, just more complex. Most of the returns that I normally do in February get done in about an hour and a half. Our March ones take anywhere from two to ten hours. Those are the ones messing up the works this year. I set a goal this year to not get any "is my return done yet" calls. Well, it was a worthy goal, but fell this week - I got one such call Weds and one today. I hope to get that corrected over the weekend.

As to fee collect, I tried it a couple years ago and had one taker. It does not fit my practice mold. And I do not make a practice of holding checks until they get their refund. The bulk of my clients are trained to know that they do not need to even bother bringing their stuff in if they do not have the money to pay me when they pick it up. I will be alot of things to my clients, but a bank I will not be.

I was skeptical of the fee collect product, until last year when Santa Barbra yanked the Rals and I could not get another bank. It has actually been a pleasant experience overall. The form is not too bad and if you train yourself early in the season to fill in all the right entry places, it does not add a whole lat to your time to prepare. I would recommend it. But possibly not right in the middle of the tax season. The first few times you use it you have to find all the little boxes and ID fields and fill them in. It is not very intuitive. But like I said, after you figure out how to fill in the form, it works really well.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Fee Collect has worked without problems for me. Very easy to use and the money has showed up in our bank account on Fridays. We had always used RACs in the past - switching to Fee Collect has also saved our clients almost $50 in fees. I would recommend it, assuming it is not too late to sign up for it. We also take credit cards.

I have used FeeCollect for 4 years. Initial setup with the bank is a pain. This year a couple more steps for documentation of the taxpayer. Fee Collect charges me $15. I charge $20 for the process. No more bounced checks, no more "Oh I forgot to mail it." Have not been stiffed by FeeCollect ever.

2008 tax year, a client did not tell me her refund was being tagged for back child support. That was not a FeeCollect problem. That client is now Cash In Advance.

FeeCollect for everyone that does not want to pay me when the return is completed.

Thanks guys! :rolleyes: Enrollment went through without a hitch. Trying to play catch up this weekend and will have my first "victim" Monday morning. It's GOT to be better than holding checks.

Take care,

Cathy

P.S. One more thing...???....I made the mistake and read the agreement to enroll and it stated that we aren't allowed to charge for this service....did I "misread" it (hopefully)?

• 8 years later...

I have used Fee Collect for more than 10 years and I have not had any problems that were the fault of the refund transfer service.  THe only times I haven't been paid through fee collect have been the result of client's not disclosing a prior tax debt or providing me with incorrect bank deposit info.  I highly recommend it

2 hours ago, Noelle EPT said:

I have used Fee Collect for more than 10 years and I have not had any problems that were the fault of the refund transfer service.  THe only times I haven't been paid through fee collect have been the result of client's not disclosing a prior tax debt or providing me with incorrect bank deposit info.  I highly recommend it

Hi Noelle, and welcome to the group.  I'm glad to hear that you had no problems with the Fee Collect, and I'd hope that others posting here have long resolved any troubles as this topic is almost 9 years old! 

• Haha 1