ATX Community

CCH Wake Up! I Don't Want TaxWise!!

micpa

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joanmcq,

It is snowing to beat the band right now in Caribou.

We are expected to get 6-8 inches before the end of the day.

I had to drive to a job interview today in this mess (only 12 miles or so), and they were

impressed because I was the only one to show up in this weather so far.

Monkeyman

Good Luck on that interview. We are pulling for you. You still have my contact info? If not I will get it to you.

Tom

Lodi, CA

>>No connections<

I certainly have no CCH connections--I'm not even a customer. But I can't join you. My interests are in using tax resources, not developing them.

Jainen - You normally select your words more carefully. You CAN join us, you just elect not to! ;)

Ok guys, I don't need any more encouragement... I will get a team together and get a program underway. ATX guys, I would like to know the period of time of any non-compete in the severance, I don't want any legal nightmares so I will do the programming with a team that hasn't worked for ATX or in a long long time (aka me). Once any non-compete has expired, then we can get you back into the loop if you wish.

I spent the night jotting down tons of ideas to add to my notebook of things that I would like the program to eventually have, how it should work, etc. I want to keep size down so I will be dumping the spreadsheet based mode (also to aleviate any legal nightmares). I think this will actually allow some nice features into the program such as being able to go either forms based or input based based on a user preference, customizable input and some real nice potential features for forms updates in letting you know better how the updates will affect prior returns. I know, keep the program simple at first to get it out in a timely manner, but I want to build in the ability as I am designing things especially if it won't really affect much. File formats and early decisions have a way of locking you in, it's best to put some real good thought to them.

Oh, my fortune cookie today "People are waiting for a cue from you"... I wonder what's that all about.

Mel,

I second all those replies before me. I would definitely be interested in investing in a user-owned company. I have been very happy with ATX but feel like the others that CCH is going to drop the program after this year.

Please consider what we are asking. You should also have more than enough people to test drive the program from among this group.

Linda Mathey

I think this is a wonderful idea and I would really like to be involved. I am tired of the big guys buying everyone out and we end up with the products they choose to produce with no real control of anything. I feel it is a real possibility that we can do this together. Who knows where it will go..... Bill Gates probably had no idea what he was starting at first either....but look with Microsoft has become! Let's go for it.......

I, too, would be interested. I've been using this software since 1999. Since I'm a small business out of my home, I found it to be just what I needed, costwise and userwise. I'v very dissappointed in what has been happening and probably would not be able to continure my business if I had to pay a whole lot more for the software. And I would like to be able to get help when I need it. Not hours later (on hold) or days later, or never (since that is what happened when they said they would send me an email - 3 days ago). Can't do a lot with investment help, but can do some. Keep me in mind.

Diane