ATX Community

E-file rejection

MargaretMort

Sent the last e-file Saturday, it was rejected. Said the Sch M didn't agree with their files. I wasn't aware that the IRS couldn't talk to me about rejected return-how dumb is that! I told one person that I could always show the client had received $250 in 2010 and probably fix the discrepancy but I felt that was wrong because the client had not received $250 in 2010. Apparently, late in the filing season, the IRS began having errors with the M. First I had heard. Hopefully I have taken care of the entire problem. What a pain. I was surprised no one on the board ran into this. Just a note of interest. MM

I had one during the 2009 tax year in 2010 that had not received $250 (young, working woman), but we had to put that in to e-file. A substantial refund, and the client chose that route. She dealt with SS after receiving her refund, and then we filed an amendment. You'd think a year later, they'd have worked out the kinks.