ATX Community

Tax Exact Pro software

mekCPA

I've started receiving emails recently from a company called Tax Exact Pro with a link to their website.

I searched the forums and did not see any mention of this software, but I am also not the best at having successful forum search results.

Their email says their software is $399. I am not especially interested in switching away from ATX, but I just looked at what next year's version will cost me and it is up to over $900. I know this concept of ATX increasing their fees to be more in line with the Intuit program has been discussed numerous times over the years, but I really feel like they are pushing it by nearing the $1,000 threshold.

Here's what their "about" page says:

Taxexact Software Development, Inc.

In addition to developing new income tax software, we are reintroducing TaxExact, an industry proven leader for tax software that has not been marketed since 2006. Due to customer demand, we are also in development on an online consumer product that will allow our members to compete in the online individual taxpayer industry.

TaxExact currently has a comprehensive staff of highly trained developers who understand the needs of our customers and are ready to meet them. This staff is currently refining updates for TaxExact Professional Desktop and TaxExact Online Consumer Income Tax Software. Upon completion, our customers will be able to utilize all available individual federal and state MEF forms along with business federal and state MEF forms.

The developers building the TaxExact File Center have over 100 years combined experienced within the income tax software industry. Due to our extensive technical planning and layout, the file center for TaxExact and YonderWorks BETA will easily handle all electronic filing with zero downtime.

We are using cloud computing for our filing center on the pacific west coast with a complete mirrored file center at our home office in Murfreesboro, TN. It is these new ideas and innovations that we feel are the steps to allowing our customers to stay focused on the growth of their business. Our investment of time and commitment is the gateway to building trust and business potential.

Now is the time to join us as we become well known as one of the leaders in this industry.

I don't know what it is, but there's something about them that seems suspiciously similar to TRX. Maybe it's the concept of sending emails to ATX members and quoting low prices, and the fact that their website just seems a little less than "full disclosure". Maybe I forgot to take my non-paranoid prescription this morning, too, there's no telling.

Speaking of TRX, I also receive emails from them that I have had no success in being removed from. Any one have any suggestions on how to get THEM to stop emailing me?

Thanks!

mekCPA