ATX Community

ATX Community forum updates

Eric

Howdy folks, lots of changes coming to the website soon.

Some of the more interesting ones:

- New Design.. for better or for worse, there's a new design associated with the upgrade. I like it, and I'm hoping the change isn't too disruptive.

- New post editor. Much more visual, see style changes in real time.

- Improved usability on smartphones and tablets

- If you're replying to a topic and someone replies before you finish, you'll be alerted and given the option to see their response before posting yours.

- My personal favorite, a tagging system will be added. Now posts will be able to be tagged with keywords such as state abbreviations, or other tax terms to make it much easier to find the topics you're looking for.

And some features removed: (sorry, I have no control over this, but if it's problematic for anyone, I'll do my best to find a workaround)

- Linear+ and Outline modes removed for topic viewing. Does anyone use these?

- No longer separate settings for Member Photos and Avatars. They're being merged into a single feature: Member Photo.

The goal is to get this stuff implemented in early September. I had planned to do all of this back in June, but due to a big project at work and my wife having twins, my hands have been full to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...