ATX Community

tax website for self

red2

I started with the CCH Site Builder when they gave a serious discount to ATX users. Price kept going up and I ended up using CPA Site Solutions. For somewhat less money I get ten times as much storage on the secure file share (and my clients prefer the way the new site is organized - at least the ones who have commented at all). I also get access to my email both through my email program _and_ through gmail (easier when away from my office).

Take a look either at their samples or at my site -- www.grant-financial.com.

Editing the site is easy; they give lots of templates to choose from to personalize your look. They update monthly content, and the customer support has (so far) been excellent. Support from CCH wasn't the best, shall we say?

I bought CCH Site Builder, but not via ATX, so have had fast, responsive, excellent tech support from Chris and others. As Catherine says, the price has been climbing. I've gotten lots of emails from something like echilla or mochilla or ... saying lots of Site Builder clients have been moving to them due to price. I think Accountants World has web sites too.

Emochila -- I looked at them, too, and their prices are competitive and they have template selection, etc. In some ways very similar to CPA Site Solutions. However, they require a credit card (which they charge) to start work, whereas the CSS will configure the site entirely and not charge a dime 'til you approve and are ready to post to the web.

There are other vendors, too, that I recall looking at some years ago (before I decided on the CCH/ATX special) -- Accountant's World had one, and I don't recall the others.

I use AFSB: http://afsb.net/

IT costs less than $300 per year with no set up fee.

I had signed of with CCH site builder at an NATP state conference in 2010 in order to check it out. Right away I could see that I could get everything I need from AFSB at one third the cost.

The main reason I did it was for the secure portal for sending client info back and forth. Many of my clients used it right away and are very happy for the security. It is very easy to use. I don't have any web building skills, so I use the templates that they offer. Someone with some knowledge could certainly customize it for themselves.

Laura