ATX Community

ATX gives error when 2 sch Cs are involved.

Pacun

You are quick and correct.

The return was rolled over and by mistake one Schedule C was removed. Then I re-add it. Since it was not working, I removed it one more time and saved the return. I closed ATX and opened the return (which included ONLY one Sch C). I added the second Sch C and I got the same error.

I am going to open another topic that bothers me every year.

These are two easy schedules C and no problem recreating them since I have them printed.

In the long run, should we be very careful when we roll over returns with two Sch Cs? Will it work if I don't remove one of them by mistake? As you will understand, this could be a nightmare if you have big schedules C and depreciation.

I am currently still employed with ATX. However My last day working for the company will be March 9'th. I declined to offer to move to Kennesaw GA. I purchased the software this year, and became an ATX customer. I have been living and breathing ATX, Taxes, & E-File for 13 years. It only makes sense that my new career should be tax prep and e-file.

No, nothing is closing during the tax season. Just my position will be ending at that time.

Pacun as far as the Sch C issue that you and I have it needs to be fixed with a program update. Updating the form will not correct this. How I fixed it in my return was to discard all Sch C's and save the return. Once I brought them back in and re-allocated my assets on the Asset entry and keyed in my figures on the Sch C all was good. There should be an update really soon, the other day when I reported it, I was told a couple of days.