ATX Community

I just got this e-mail

Tax Prep by Deb

This e-mail just came in from ATX and I thought you all might want to know:

CCH SFS: IRS MeF System offline at 6pm today (Jan 17) 1/17/2012

MeF System temporary shutdown

The following information was posted to the IRS' Modernized e-File (MeF) Status Page

Production System: Operational until 6:00 pm, EST on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Modernized e-File (MeF) System will he taken offline for maintenance beginning at 6:00 pm Eastern on January 17, 2012 until further notice. This will impact the Individual (IMF) and Business (BMF) submissions and acknowledgments. After 6:00 pm, please refrain from accessing the system to transmit tax returns, retrieve acknowledgments or submit any other service requests. This also includes State activity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this mean for you?You can continue sending your e-files to the CCH SFS Electronic Filing Center. We will hold the e-files until the IRS brings the system back online.

I haven't received acks for all of the e-files that I have submitted today: The MeF system is behind in making acks available for software vendors to retrieve. We have been receiving acks throughout the day, but we have approximately 60,000 outstanding acks.

Can I switch to legacy? No. Software vendors who file more than 1 million electronic packets have been asked to support the Modernized e-file platform. We fully anticipate that the MeF system will be operational within the next few hours.

We will update the blogs as we gather more information.