ATX Community

Off Topic - -Buffalo weather

Terry O

OK - - I KNOW the calendar says 1/31 - - -but - -it was 55 degrees here in Buffalo, NY. We have had a TOTAL of under 20 inches of snowso far this season - - - -none of which remains, and the average for this time of year is over 50 inches. Due to the warm & wacky weather, Lake Erie is WIDE OPEN - -no ice - -this can mean one of 2 things: either possible huge lake effect storms - -or very early spring.

Since I had 1/2 hr in between clients today - -I WASHED MY CAR - - WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

OK - -I'm back now - - - sorry - -it is so hard to concentrate when there are people jogging by in shorts - -

It's 1/31 - - - -theres green grass - - - blue lake - - - and a clean car.

sigh

It's 37 degrees here in Central WI at 6 PM. All day clients have been coming in and telling me how nice it is outside. Just makes you want to cry. We have snow on the ground, but disappearing fast. Hoping for an early Spring, but then the problem will be "no moisture"!

It's crazy but I'll take it. It's going to be 63 and rainy here tomorrow but that's OK. It's still better than shoveling snow, a painful back, and high heating & electric bills. :)

One of my easy return clients came by this afternoon. It's the first time in about 5 years that I wasn't worried about him slipping on an icy sidewalk or having to shovel snow away enough for him to get in.

I keep a shovel next to the front door. Sometimes the clients grab it and "help out". Snow is not as much a worry this year as ice. We put a new steel roof on last fall and as the snow melts, you guessed it. Kerrrrrrrploppppp a pile of snow lands on the front porch. Have to complain about something, but sure loving the weather.

We had SO much snow last year that my husband had to go out in snowshoes and beat the piles down so that the snow blower had a place to put the new stuff. This year it's been close to nothing - almost all rain - except for the Halloween storm.

I'm old enough now to have noticed that the year following heavy snow tends to be milder and rainy - with odd, out-of-season storms early and late (such as our Halloween storm this season, and snow in mid-MAY, 1979 - the year after the famous "Blizzard of '78").