ATX Community

ProSeries

cientax

Recieved ProSeries package in the mail that I did not order but received email thanking me for the purchase and wanting me to take a survey for how the salesman performed on the phone. I did not purchase the product and am affraid to open it. I want to send it back since I did not purchase and if I do open and use the product, will I be charged for the product.

Did anyone else receive by UPS a ProSeries product without you ordering the product?

I was reading in the software blog where someone received a free ProSeries package and were satisfied with it, but the person admonished it as if she was a salesperson for the product. Same as another blogger that was admonishing the software and actually advertising the software.

I was just wondering if someone else received a package and then was told on their email "Thank You for purchasing the product" and then asking you to take a survey about the salesperson, not the product.

I talked to Intuit today who sells ProSeries and they have no knowledge of this package being sent out as a freebee. They called me back and asked a few questions and said that they will further investigate because they said they have no idea what is going on.

I just don't want to be billed for this product since I did not order it. Someone called me last week and said they were from Intuit and wanted to verify my name address and phone number and told me they were sending a ProSeries package. Then the emails started coming in and one even mentioned billing

I suspect what is happening is that a salesperson got a little too ambitious and was trying to do a "force sale" on you - sending you the software with the hope that you will keep it. Given all the problems that ATX is having these days, I suspect some of the ProSeries sales people must think you and others would welcome their software with open arms.

It could be an honest mistake. I would never install any software that I didn't order. Just return it and make sure you don't receive a bill.