ATX Community

Clients continue to astound me

rfassett

Client shows up March 9th and asks "how late can I bring in my stuff and get my corporate return done by the deadline".  Our response was "two weeks ago but we can file the extension now".  He agrees to that and sets an appointment for March 22 to bring in his info and go over it with me because "some things have changed".  March 22nd comes and goes and he is a no show.  Having heard nothing more by April 15th, we opt to not file a personal extension (since the rule is that we need positive confirmation from the client in order to file an extension) and (since we assumed he went elsewhere due to the March 22nd no show).

Fast forward to Cinco de Mayo - today.  Wife calls to ask if we can expedite their corporate and personal returns if they bring the info in today because "the school" needs copies of their returns.   Really?!?!?!?  Come on man!!!!

We told her that we are booked solid until the end of June - and that is the veryy best we can do.  She said she will have to check with her husband.

This is the same client that stopped into the office a couple years ago around the beginning of the second week of April and said he is dropping off his stuff so we can get the return done by the 15th.  Well that didn't happen.  But he did get my blood pressure up that year when he said he has had "the stuff" riding around in his car since early February.   And he drives past my office two times per day during my open hours.  Gggrrrrr!!!!!

OK - I am done with that.  I feel better.  Thanks for listening!  

• Like 8

I feel your pain.

A while back I had a client/personal friend who dropped his stuff off at 7pm on April 15. Said he & his wife were on their way out to have dinner; said he'd be back before 10 to pick it up. Stupid me. I raged under my breath ... but did it.

Here's the kicker. The next year he decided to try another preparer closer to his home. I haven't seen him since! Works for me.

• Like 6