ATX Community

Free time -- please critic my possible new form

easytax

Monitors:  If this should be in the "private" member area, please move.  Thanks again, Ed.

The majority of my clients are "word-of-mouth" and NO walk-ins with very limited drop off (NO prep while waiting). Communication is done via telephone and internet.

Given that, I have on my web site several documents explaining what I will do, how it is done and preliminary details on what is required by a "good" client so a GREAT preparer can assist them. Last year I was able to "turn-away" several EIC questionables' by explaining my requirements as to documentation. With that in mind, I have developed an "EIC" informational form (attached as a PDF file) to help cut-the-time for those who might be "shopping" EIC people.  I have no wish to increase EIC clients and will not (of course as we all will not) play games to get the client better EIC or any undeserved money.

If you have a few minutes and the inclination, please review and critic the attached PDF and share if there needs to be more detail, less detail or any other suggestions. I want to assist those who have a true need and also want to protect myself. A few EIC fines would definitely hurt my practice and I would rather have less but better clients who want to be legal.

Thanks for reading. Here is the PDF:  

Earned Income Credit Documents for filing 091615.pdf