ATX Community

INDIANA RESIDENT

Naila Ahmad

My client is full year Indiana resident, but he has a rental property in IL. for IL i file as nonresident and for Indiana as full year resident. he has loss from rental property located in IL . when i do Indiana tax return, it picks up federal adjusted gross income that includes loss from ILL rental property. I think his Indiana income should be more than his federal adjusted income . I couldn't see any way to increase his Indiana income . Can someone please help me out. Thanks.

My client is full year Indiana resident, but he has a rental property in IL. for IL i file as nonresident and for Indiana as full year resident. he has loss from rental property located in IL . when i do Indiana tax return, it picks up federal adjusted gross income that includes loss from ILL rental property. I think his Indiana income should be more than his federal adjusted income . I couldn't see any way to increase his Indiana income . Can someone please help me out. Thanks.

It seems like it would have to go in the 'additions' part right under where you put the fed. AGI, but reading through the instructions for those lines, I don't see anyplace to put it. Maybe it doesn't have to be added back.