ATX Community

Ransomware Attack

Lee B

Accenture the big global consulting firm( $ 44 Billion in revenue last year ) has been hit with a ransomware attack.

Since they do consulting for 75 % of the Fortune 500, I'm sure there are some nervous executives out there.

If they can get hacked then anyone can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This has got to stop, and regulation of cryptocurrencies has to happen.  If the hackers don't have anonymity with payments they will have to go back to meeting victims in dark alleys with suitcases full of cash.  Since most of them are in a few far-away countries that look the other way (and likely demand some of the loot), they'll have to find a new line of work.

There is so much pressure to do everything in the cloud.  NO!  I won't even bank on my phone.  I'm seriously beginning to think that most of us will have to have a separate computer in our offices that connects to the internet and that is where we will do research, email, etc.  All the others will be off-line.  It will be a nuisance but hopefully it will be safe.  My son works in IT and has told me that if I knew what he knows about the internet, I'd never use it.  If only that were possible in today's world....

• Like 6