ATX Community

Has the IRS canceled their Website for immediate EIN?

GeneInAlabama

I tried last week to go the IRS website to get an immediate EIN and got a message that Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Again tonight, I got the same message. Is that service no longer available? Has it been moved? Anyone know?

The IRS now has limited hours and days for online application. This application is available during the following hours:

Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Eastern time

Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern time

Sunday 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. Eastern time

if you go to the irs website under business, employer ID number, then click apply online, you can still get an immediate number if you apply during the right hours and day. Ann

Thanks Ann and Gerald. I was beginning to think we had lost the ability to get an immediate EIN. Wonder why the IRS has such a narrow window for getting the number. You would think they would at least give you some kind of message telling you what hours the site was available. Even though I worked over 15 years for the federal government, I never learned to think government. I guess my mind just doesn't work in the same channels.