ATX Community

Corp e-file reject error

elfling

:dunno: Try as I may, I'm just not getting what this e-file error rejection message is trying to say. Can't seem to work out the "leagal-ese". Any help would be appreciated.

MEFUSFPYMT-21 Incorrect Data

If the timestamp (in the GTX key or Response to Send Submissions Request) is after the due date of the return (tow and one half months after the "TaxPeriodEndDate" in the Return Header), then the "RequestedPaymentDate" in the IRS Payment Record must not be later than the date the return was received and must not be prior to five days before the date the return was received by the IRS.

It is saying that if the return is 'late', the payment date you show should be the date you file it. The 5 day prior part is there because if you file it late today, IRS may not actually process it until tomorrow, and if it was rejected for some other tech reason, you might retransmit, etc. So you don't have to change the date as long as the retransmit is within that 5 day span.

Thanks, kc.

It just wasn't making any sense. The return is timely in the respect that the extension was filed on time and it is not yet September. Client's estimate was pretty much on target; payment due under $100. I was done with prep back on the 1st but he hadn't signed until this past Tuesday and we had direct debit set for 5/30. Thinking about what you said I changed every date in the return to today's date (not exactly what I'd call logical), efiled it this morning, and it has just now came in as accepted.

Elfling