ATX Community

Removing 2001-2003 completly from windows ME

Lucho

I need to remove completey the programs 2001-2003 from my old gateway computer Windows Me.

The 2001-2003 programs are not listed in the Add/Remove programs any more but they are still in the system. The icons show in the desktop and the programs can be open and do returns if needed. Can someone guide me on how to remove them completely. Now with XP and Vista I forgot how to operate windows Me.

Thank for any help I can get.

Go into the Programs menu and you will find an uninstall selection next to the programs shortcut (not on the desktop).

Also in the ATX directory for each year you will find an EXE file that is named similarly to uninstall.exe

Mel, going into the programs menu as you say and clicking the "uninstall selection" I get the next message: "Run the uninstall "exe" file located in the Saber Directory (I guess Saber reffers to the program I bought) I have no idea how to find that file. Would you please guide me on that if possible.

Thank you again

Open up Windows Explorer (hold down Windows Key(little flag) and press E). Expand My Computer. Expand C: Drive. Expand Program Files. Expand ATX 2001 (or ATX 2002, etc) folder. Double Click on Uninstall.exe (you may have extensions hidden, where it would just say Uninstall instead). Realize that I haven't worked for ATX in about 9 years, so I am not sure if the default locations changed or what. Someone else can help locate the directories that actually have the programs still installed if I am mistaken.

I decided not to remove those programs. I will keep the computer as remembrance (this was the computer I started my computerized business in 2000 and is still in great condition; of course not as useful as in 2000-2003 but still I can prepare nice documents in it.

Thank you one more time, have a nice weekend and I hope you enjoy these last days before starting to prepare yourself for the next tax season.

sincerely,

Lucho