ATX Community

Can't open a return......

Denne

I am getting the same message that the return will be closed and to open it again. I have also tried closing the program. At first I got 35% in the process of opening...then 37% and then 39%, but still get that same error message. Any tips?? I am trying to get information off the return, since the client called about something. Of course this is a big return. I really want to start the whole darn thing over again! No time to do that at this point....there goes another entire night of sleep ;~(

Thanks for any assistance you can offer....

Denne,

I was out of town from 4/3 until last night and this is the first I've seen your message. I'm curious to find out if this is still happening to you?

The return begins to open. It gets 39% open and then freezes. I finally get a message that the return could not be opened and that I can re-try, but if that doesn't help then to get support..... Any ideas?? Thank you for any assistance you can offer!

Denne,

There are a couple of things that may be going on with this return. The first being the worst and that is, it may be corrupt. For one reason or another this tends to happen and if that is the case it is something that we *MAY* be able to fix, as we have dealt with many instances such as this. BUT..

That is the extreme. It may be something as simple as just needing to update the forms and program. If that does not take care of it, you could also try using the Backup/Restore feature in the program. Try these steps and if it does not resolve the issue, let me know.

I hope it all works out for you!

Denne,

There are a couple of things that may be going on with this return. The first being the worst and that is, it may be corrupt. For one reason or another this tends to happen and if that is the case it is something that we *MAY* be able to fix, as we have dealt with many instances such as this. BUT..

That is the extreme. It may be something as simple as just needing to update the forms and program. If that does not take care of it, you could also try using the Backup/Restore feature in the program. Try these steps and if it does not resolve the issue, let me know.

I hope it all works out for you!

Thank You.....!!! I updated the program and the return took a long time to open, but it opened!!! You sure did help me....thanks again!!!