ATX Community

Prior Years Schedule D excluded

miatax

Hi everyone:

A new client of mine had IRS take funds from her bank account b/c they taxed her gross proceeds from sale of some stocks in 2004 and 2005. She never filed schedule Ds.

Now she has submitted to me the costs and turns out she has a small loss for both years. She does not have the IRS notice nor her prior year returns. How do I go about just sumbitting 2 schedule D's - 1 for each year with no response to a notice? I only prepared her 2006 return, so I have all of her information.

Thanks. :mellow:

Hi everyone:

A new client of mine had IRS take funds from her bank account b/c they taxed her gross proceeds from sale of some stocks in 2004 and 2005. She never filed schedule Ds.

Now she has submitted to me the costs and turns out she has a small loss for both years. She does not have the IRS notice nor her prior year returns. How do I go about just sumbitting 2 schedule D's - 1 for each year with no response to a notice? I only prepared her 2006 return, so I have all of her information.

Thanks. :mellow:

Any thing in the mail, Bobby Sue?

Jes' some IRS stuff, Billy Bob.

Well gimme that.. I needs som'n to git the smoker going!

Good Grief! I'm not the only one with clients like that.

1. Get a POA signed for 04 and 05.

2. With that call the practitioner line and get return copies or transcripts sent/faxed.

3. Using those reports with the new information, file amended returns for the affected years.

Any thing in the mail, Bobby Sue?

Jes' some IRS stuff, Billy Bob.

Well gimme that.. I needs som'n to git the smoker going!

Good Grief! I'm not the only one with clients like that.

1. Get a POA signed for 04 and 05.

2. With that call the practitioner line and get return copies or transcripts sent/faxed.

3. Using those reports with the new information, file amended returns for the affected years.

Thanks outwest..She was able to get me 05 so that one is done.. now we'll get this done for 04 how you suggested if she can't find it.. thanks again! :)