ATX Community

Duplicate an ATX master form

elfling

Central Tax Bureau of PA (Centax) is the collection agent for several municipalities within our region. Just 3 miles north of our location the forms submit to the office in Aston and 3 miles south they submit to Berwick. For years, everything went to Berwick and we would customize the master with that address so as not to have to type it for each return.

So with now needing 2 different addresses, does anyone know if it is possible to duplicate a master form? Having 2 marked in some way with each customized addy would be helpful.

~ Warning: If you say "yes, there is a way" I may need your help to walk me through the process. ~ biggrin.gif

Elfing

Central Tax Bureau of PA (Centax) is the collection agent for several municipalities within our region. Just 3 miles north of our location the forms submit to the office in Aston and 3 miles south they submit to Berwick. For years, everything went to Berwick and we would customize the master with that address so as not to have to type it for each return.

So with now needing 2 different addresses, does anyone know if it is possible to duplicate a master form? Having 2 marked in some way with each customized addy would be helpful.

~ Warning: If you say "yes, there is a way" I may need your help to walk me through the process. ~ biggrin.gif

Elfing

Wouldn't it just be easier to make a Generic Local for all. I have 10 different local taxing authorities and none are in the list for ATX, so I just picked one that looked close to what the locals would accept and revised it. Just a thought.

Kim

Wouldn't it just be easier to make a Generic Local for all. I have 10 different local taxing authorities and none are in the list for ATX, so I just picked one that looked close to what the locals would accept and revised it. Just a thought.

Kim

One would think so. However, the PA state Congress shot down a proposal by the governor to require all jurisdictions and collection agencies to accept a very suitable PA-1 form. Too much danged push from the lobbyist representing those entities claiming it would cost too much. Thankfully, many did consent to release versions of the forms used to software providers such as ATX. That has helped as we can print most local returns along with the federal and state. Centax assigning different offices for varied municipalities is a new, annoying wrinkle. wacko.gif

Elfling

One would think so. However, the PA state Congress shot down a proposal by the governor to require all jurisdictions and collection agencies to accept a very suitable PA-1 form. Too much danged push from the lobbyist representing those entities claiming it would cost too much. Thankfully, many did consent to release versions of the forms used to software providers such as ATX. That has helped as we can print most local returns along with the federal and state. Centax assigning different offices for varied municipalities is a new, annoying wrinkle. wacko.gif

Elfling

I print mailing labels for each of the PA locals in my area. Then give my client an envelope with the correct address for their return.