ATX Community

Pennsylvania Returns and adding a statement

Kimberly K

I am not new to filing returns but I am new to ATX.

I cant seem to locate a way to add a statement to the return for the state. I am working on a retirement distribution, 5329 was added to the 1040 but for PA this particular distribution is not taxable. I usally attach a statement but I cant seem to find it in the ever plentiful list of ATX forms.( Not complaining )

Thanks, Kim

It's actually very easy to add a statement in ATX. If you want to link it to a specific form, such as your state form, go to the form and to the line in question. Go up to the top of the page, go to Forms, and click on it to get the pull-down menu. Near the bottom, you will see Lists. That will give you a choice of creating either an itemized list, a text list, or a statement. Either one can then be linked to that line. I'd use the Statement for this one, and Name it to reflect the line number it explains.

Thanks a bunch KC. Thats what I was looking for!

Jim, Thanks to you too. I had already had that one figured out, I just needed an explanation for Pa. But I am sure there are other PA Preparers that might not have figured this one out yet.

Both of your help is much appreciated, I am sure this will not be my last question. :)

Glad it helped. Actually, this time of year, lot's of 'newbies' ask that sort of thing, or at worst, wonder it and don't ask, so they make things harder just because they have not yet learned all the neat things this program has included. Once they learn to 'bunny hop' and to ask questions here, they find that the program speeds up quite a bit, and has lots of extras they can use.