ATX Community

PA ~ L&I phone calls

elfling

We have had three clients call today saying that they received a recorded phone message from the PA Department of Labor & Industry stating that 1099-G forms are incorrect and to expect to receive a corrected copy by mail within the next few days. Having not heard anything of this sort in 20+ years of practice, I advised the first caller to be very leary especially after she said that the recorded call did not state who the message was addressing. There are 4 wage earners in that house, 3 collected uc last year. Gov't offices don't typically phone taxpayers. Hoaxes and fraud run amuck this time of year. Now that there have been 3 calls I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this today.

>From the PA Dept of Labor & Industry website ...

Updated 1099-G Information 1-27-10

Due to a processing error, the amount on your Form UC-1099G, you received in the mail may be incorrect. Click here to view the UC- 1099G online. Do not call the UC Service Center about this error, as all information is available online.

If you have already filed your federal income tax return for 2009, please review it to determine if filing an amended federal tax return is appropriate in your situation.

If you must file an amended tax return, use Form 1040x and the instructions for Form 1040x from the Internal Revenue Service to do so.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

And here's the link to verify online ...

https://www.paclaims.state.pa.us/UCEN/Welcome.asp