ATX Community

Accountants Insurance

miatax

For all of those who have a small CPA practice on the side, I need some advice as to where to go for professional liability insurance.

Also, more or less how much does it cost? I don't do audits. I do bookkeeping, a few writeups and about 15 tax returns. My state requires I have at least a minimum $50k liability.

All advice is appreciated. Thanks!

miatax

Florida.. The other professionals I know are part of much bigger firms so their insurance is alot more than I need. I have looked into some of the state professional groups, but I thought I'd start by asking in this forum based on other practitioners' experiences.

Which state is that? Have you looked into offerings from state professional groups? Or asked other tax professionals in your area?

• 2 weeks later...

I have small practice, a little more activity than you. CNA has a CPA Value Plan that I think is affordable. CNA is recommended by FICPA. You can go to cpai.com for more info, the people are very helpful.

Good Luck!!

lsowers

For all of those who have a small CPA practice on the side, I need some advice as to where to go for professional liability insurance.

Also, more or less how much does it cost? I don't do audits. I do bookkeeping, a few writeups and about 15 tax returns. My state requires I have at least a minimum $50k liability.

All advice is appreciated. Thanks!

miatax