ATX Community

TRX Alliance Payment Practice

taxlady

I have been preparing taxes for 20 years and I made a change to TRX-Alliance this tax last tax season this has been the wrost decision in my career. The target date for rebate payment was July 2010. It is now August 25, 2010 and I still have not received payment.

I have been told several times the check is in the mail. This is not how other service centers operate and this is a first for me.

I hate to be the one to report this behavior to the tax profession but here it is.

I have been preparing taxes for 20 years and I made a change to TRX-Alliance this tax last tax season this has been the wrost decision in my career. The target date for rebate payment was July 2010. It is now August 25, 2010 and I still have not received payment.

I have been told several times the check is in the mail. This is not how other service centers operate and this is a first for me.

I hate to be the one to report this behavior to the tax profession but here it is.

Honestly, we have gotten alot of the same complaints because we offer bank incentives with our packages and people have been afraid to take it into consideration. Friendly advice go with a company that provides you with a written contract like we give to our customers, that way its all in paper and completely legitimate. This is the same thing that Banks did as well when you went through banks for incientives before they got rid of the rebates. They signed you up and in the agreement that was signed, or digitally signed, it was agreement about when exactly you would receive the money.

Apparently the rumor is that TRX spent rebate money on buying part ownership of TaxWorks(RedGear).

Hope you can find a company that is able to satisfy your discomfort.

I had a problem with them last year also.They promised me Taxwise I paid in advance they never delivered it.I tried several ways to obtain a refund all in vain.I just wrote it off as a bad deal.In this world when some one offers you something cheaper you must decide if it is really true.Now it looks like it was the best thing since our rebate is very large which we received in June from CCH.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting on TRX Alliance to send me my rebate fee's.

I will never deal with this company again. When they want you

to buy their software they will call you every day and try to

force you to use your rebate money to buy their software. But

whe you want your money you cannot get anyone to call you back.

:mad: