ATX Community

Paid preparer info

bardon719

Happy New Year all!

Has anyone had a problem that there is no paid preparer?

When I go to the preparer manager it is blank. I have input all the info as paid preparer.

The preparer manager does reflect the preparer name. In preparer manager, although it shows 2 of 2 preparers, the names, or firm, etc are blank. (the 2 preparers are, one is blank, and the second is my name.)

When I open a new tax form, (1040) the preparer info reflects on the bottom of page 2, but none goes on payroll tax forms, federal or state???

Is there a fix for this.

Thanks for your help.

Bardon719

I just opened a blank 941 and the paid preparer info was blank. I clicked on the preparer manager and, highlighted my name and clicked "enter on form". When I went back to the form, the preparer info was filled in. I deleted that return and went to the preferences under edit and clicked on the preparer manager. Under "enter this ERO's information on all new returns" it said "none". I clicked on the drop down arrow and selected my name. I then opened another new 941 and the preparer information was filled in. Hope this helps!