ATX Community

Scan and Fill Problems

VA Tax Girl

This is the first year our office has purchased/used Scan and Fill in order to help facilitate a paperless tax office. There are several issues we have encountered. I am wondering if anyone else has faced the same challenges and found solutions.

1. Scan and Fill (SF) is not compatible with Adobe 10? Tech support down-graded our computers from Adobe 10 to Adobe 9.

2. There may be (per Tech Support) some compatibility issues with Windows 7

3. After completing a bookmark scan and then creating a bookmark PDF, sometime (depending on the how the program feels) we are not able to open the PDF file. I closed the program and re-entered, but still some PDF files will not open. The screen is just white. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated. HELP!

4. Sometimes after scanning a document it will show up twice (two docs) on the source document listing. Why is the program duplicating documents?

Thank you!

I know very little about scan and fill having never used it. However, I did see an extensive discussion of this on another board and the 99% consensus of those who were doing it or had tried it was "NEVER AGAIN". They had to many problems and spent more time double checking and correcting errors than if the had just keyed in the info to begin with.

I know very little about scan and fill having never used it. However, I did see an extensive discussion of this on another board and the 99% consensus of those who were doing it or had tried it was "NEVER AGAIN". They had to many problems and spent more time double checking and correcting errors than if the had just keyed in the info to begin with.

That's what I have seen too. We are not using the "fill" function of the program, only the "scan" - so basically like a document manager with the ability to send encrypted e-mails. But to-date...we are still working out the bugs.