Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Jersey CBT-100 FINAL RETURN

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am filing clients New Jersey CBT-100. It is the final return as the company has been inactive for the last several years and has no plans of conduting any furture operations. Is there anything special that needs to be done?? I noticed that there is no longer a box on the form to check as Final Return so I didn't know if there were any special filing requirments. I assume the final return is submitted with the minimum payment of $500?

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

I am filing clients New Jersey CBT-100. It is the final return as the company has been inactive for the last several years and has no plans of conduting any furture operations. Is there anything special that needs to be done?? I noticed that there is no longer a box on the form to check as Final Return so I didn't know if there were any special filing requirments. I assume the final return is submitted with the minimum payment of $500?

Thanks!

Yes. You must dissolve the corp. or they will be liable for minimum payt. ad infinitum. Thats why there is no final return box on the return.

Go to the NJ State web site and search for dissolutions. Tax filings are only one of the required things.

Bob (Monmouth Cty)

Posted · Report post

Yes. You must dissolve the corp. or they will be liable for minimum payt. ad infinitum. Thats why there is no final return box on the return.

Go to the NJ State web site and search for dissolutions. Tax filings are only one of the required things.

Bob (Monmouth Cty)

Thanks, Bob.

I researched it a bit yesterday and found the information to dissolve. I am going to file for 2007 with the minimum payment and then dissolve shortly after tax season.