ATX Community

Rejection Error

Donny

I recevied two errors on one return I need help, i've never seen these errors before.

1. Field Sequeence Numbers within each record must be in ascending order and must be valid for that record.

2. tax return record idendification page 1 `-return sequence number (Seq) 007) must be numeric

Can somone help explain these to me.

Yeah, I got those weird reject codes plus another one: "The State Record is incorrect, The Return Sequence Number (RSN) of the Generic Record must match the RSN on form 1040."

Reject codes 35 Seq 0; Reject code 407 Seq 23 and Reject code 31 Seq 7

I went to the MyATX, downloaded the 1345A filing supplement, it says for TY2004????????

This almost sounds like an ATX problem...

I had efiled 3, the other 2 were accepted.

Anyone else get this?

These are rejects that should never find their way back to you. They are both the refering to the efile format itself, part of the system. Only thing you can do is keep getting the program updates until it is fixed.

Thanks for the reply, I thought it sounded like that. I update everyday, especially now, and I'll try it again tomorrow. If no luck I guess I'll email tech support.

Bill

I also received the same codes on 2 of 15 returns i sent in.

I came to the conclusion that I have two choices

one call ATX, wait on hold for an hour or so, explain the situation to someome that has never preparer a tax return, and get very frustrated.

(almost think tech support is in india and they have real good english accents -- some people here might remember a few years ago when tech support went to india --- or these people in tech support just took the H&R tax course and failed the final, so they now work for ATX)

two wait for a fix.

sorry for the sarcasm.

cliff

1040PRO of AZ

Keep in mind that the tech support is there to help with PROGRAM problems, not to give tax advice. They are mostly not tax professionals, and they generally do not need to be to help with program issues. In the past, the company did make it a point to have some senior techs with tax experience, since sometimes it is hard to separate a program issue from the inherent tax issues. That was one of the advantages of a company started and run by a pair of CPAs. They knew we would need some support people who could talk 'taxes' as well as talk computer problems.

I expect that with CCH running things, the ratio may have changed for the worst. But there are still some there, William, for example. He will not give you advice about how to handle a tax issue, but he will understand what you are talking about when you tell him 'the C is not flowing properly to the __' and he will get you help from the right level of tech support. I suggest that you remember that, and send him an email, if you get too much of a run-around. But please also remember that if we flood him with every question, he will not have time to even read them all. So don't make that your FIRST option.

I went to IRS site and put in the two major pharses in search and found what they were meant. it took a while but I must have gotten it right, 007 had something to do with the address, I changed this and the forms were accepted. thanks for your help. and by the way it's good to see some of us "old timers" on this board. all of you all always so helpful.