ATX Community

NT always wonder

fredazcpa

When efile first came on line, would file a return with money due, the client would get a bill before April 15th for amount due, Then it stoped I thought some made a programing change, Then this year client return was filed late Feb, has a balance due, he sent part payment and was waiting until he gets the billing to pay off, installment sale without the fees, In the last few weeks he has been working on getting some kind of Student Aid with the local univeristy, the university only wants an IRS transcrip, the school says no transcript, did you file return. I send client all the efile information DCN, date and time accepted. then this morning I get this from the client

"Called IRS -They did receive the taxes as you said

they do not process any taxes with amount due until May according to the rep I talked with so that there can be no transcript until paid in full or until May. Nothing can show up on line until it is processed. Even though we paid the majority of it. Seems like something is wrong there, but This is so like the IRS to do this to people. So I paid the balance and hopefully it will show up within 5 to 7 days

Thanks"

Is this true??

>>installment sale without the fees.... This is so like the IRS to do this to people<<

A bit inconsistent, wanting to control the payment schedule without a formal IRS agreement but then being upset that the IRS won't control it.

>>the university only wants an IRS transcrip<<

I beg to differ. All that the school wants is the money. And if FAFSA actually required an IRS transcript in February, the entire educational industry would collapse along with our military planners who ride on the undergraduate tuition. So answer question number 32, and support our troops!