ATX Community

Processing.....

Kea

I have one file that won't let me peek or review. It won't show me the summary totals in the bottom left pane. It will let me edit and it will keep the changes. At the bottom, next to the name / SSN, it says "Processing" and it just stays there (on other files it only stays a few seconds). If I click on peek or review, the box next to "processing" says "Re-issue command when processing complete."

This sounds like just this file is corrupt since I'm not having this error with other files. I guess I'll try copying the file or even re-proforma-ing it and re-creating it. As a last resort, I'll call tech support.

Anyone else have this problem? What solution worked for you?

I had this problem on about 12-15 of my returns this year. About a month ago I spent about 10 hours (2 sessions) with a Red Gear software engineer on it. They finally concluded it resulted from a problem in the 2010 program that got carried forward. They said the only thing you can do is delete the return and start from scratch. Deleting and pro-forma-ing a new return won't help as the problem is already embedded in your file from last year.

I wasn't too happy with that answer, but at least I now know what to do when I open a return and see it processing continually.

Thanks for the update. That's exactly my issue. I tried just duplcating the file -- no good. I tried re-proformaing -- no good. I started from scratch and problem solved. Thank goodness it wasn't a very complicated return & nothing terribly important to roll over. (So I never did call support about it.)

Did they know what caused the problem in 2010? Any way to know which files will have this problem?

For me, it was one of my most complex returns. One night I left the return open overnight to see if the "processing" would ever complete, but it was stil in the processing state in the morning. Finally just had to bite the bullet and start from scratch and so far it's fine.