ATX Community

Efile forms 94X

tax newbie1

I have never e-filed forms 94X before. A few clients ask me if I can e-file for them and I’m thinking why not? I have e-filed forms 1040 and 1120S for a few years now and I’m wondering if I can efile form 94X? or do I need to apply for a new EFIN to e-file these quarterly payroll tax forms.

Thank you for your help

I finally managed to e-file Form 941 for the first time the other day. I first had to send in something to my software provider (Drake) to get me a PIN. This was the hardest part since it wouldn't submit, but finally, Technical support had me change the calendar on my computer from the 7/27/12 format to the 07/27/2012 format--then it went through.

Next I had to get the client to request some kind of number (by mail) and fax it to me. Then I had to enter that number in my tax program. Then after I prepared the Form 941, I transmitted it and it went through OK. It was immediately accepted by Drake and the next day it was accepted by the IRS.

You have to get a client PIN from each client. If there are more than about five clients, you have to get a

reporting agent PIN--and you must have an EIN. If you don't have one, you need to get it before applying.