ATX Community

TRX 2012 software

artp

Has anyone received the new software yet?

There is real confusion regarding the offerings this year. Apparantly those of us who renewed early are getting the TRX Premium software, but I have yet to find out who is really the developer of that product. Last year we got TRX's rebranding of TaxWorks, but that is no longer offered thru TRX. This summer they sent me a demo of TaxExact, which is supposed to be software that TRX developed themselves. The latest demo version (Nov 2012) was very incomplete. I was told that I would be getting their first release of TaxExact, but now they tell me they are sending TRX Premium. I had spend a considerable amount of time testing the TaxExact demo and was planning on reviewing the final product. It was always my understanding that we would have the choice of using whichever software was most suitable for our practice. I have another call into TRX..hoping to get this matter resolved.

Apparently, you will be receiving Tax Exact and not a Red Gear product. I don't understand how they can take money for a product they failed to deliver and make the choice for you that their own product will substitute. A better way to handle this would be to offer their product in place of the original product they were unable to provide or give a refund. It should have been our choice and not theirs.