ATX Community

Error "Required federal e-file failed"

LAVINIAYAP

When generated e-file or check return, receive the following errors

-Required federal e-file failed.

-The Savings or Checking box for Direct Deposit should be checked.

-The Account number entered on this form must be the same as that entered on the 'Payment and Refund' tab of the EFINFO.

- The Routing nuber entered on this form must be the same as that entered on the 'Payment and Refund' tab of the EFINFO.

I found the article described the above messages and followed the instructions to 'Restore Field' on both 1040 and EFinfo but same errors. I do not customize any form. The returns that received these messages are those clients do not use Direct Deposit. There are xxxxxx on the 1040 and blank on EFINFO page. At first, I thought the rollover process add some invisible characters and cause the problem. However, this also happens on the new return. Please helps!

This is from ATX support site, don't know if it will solve your problem but it did mine.

Re: PAPER CHECK E-FILING

Thanks ATXMichelle. I will try that, but I found this on another forum, and it worked for me:

I had this problem today. I looked at Fed 1040 pg 2, boxes for RTN & ACCT # were all "XXXXXXX"... I had checked the box in print preferences to "mask" sensitive client information on client copy. That will put "XXXXX" instead of the RTN and ACCT# when there is DD information.. But in my case it was a IRS check.. Worked fine last year.. not working right this year. So I closed return and went back to preferences and unchecked that box. (click Apply).. then reopened return. "XXXX"'s still on pg 2 of 1040.. So I printed the 1040 pg 1 & 2 and the filer's infor page. Then I deleted the 1040, (scarry I know but stay with me).
Then I added the 1040 back to the return in Add forms. The 1040 was back and the "XXX"'s were gone. Had to re-input the clients Soc Sec amounts-- but surprisingly the names, address, DOB and SS#'s were back. (it was a rollover return). I had to do this same thing with 8 other returns. If the client was "new" not rolled over; then I had to re-input the names, address, soc sec #.
Print what you might need before you delete!! I won't check that box again this year.
Taxtrio

Response from ATX
25 minutes ago 112085 in reply to 112061
Re: PAPER CHECK E-FILING

Good afternoon,

To fix the fields for paper check printing: Select Print to open the Print Manager dialog, then close the Print Manager dialog. You do not have to print anything. That should fix the issue.

We have a fix for this issue in the next update.

Thank you,

ATXMichelle

• Like 1