ATX Community

TaxWise - font / form size and wash sales

Kea

2 TaxWise questions:
Barring getting a larger monitor, is there any way to make the form bigger on the screen? I can see it, but I noticed that as the night wears on, it gets harder to read. I ended up using a magnifying card to help before I crashed last night.

One of the stock sales I entered yesterday included a 28¢ wash sale. I put 'W' in for the code and $0 for the amount. But it leaves the line red even if I mark it "estimate" (helps on some other forms). Will IRS computers have a problem with leaving out the "W" code? (I always try to match the forms to minimze IRS hiccups.) Or, is there a way to have the program accept the '0' amount?

Thanks

On Taxwise you can make the font larger under the View menu I believe. My eyesight is poor so I go I think 125 or 150% to see on the screen comfortably.

Any field marked as estimate will be redlined. I don't think that is an IRS issue but the EFC may kick it back when you try to e-file.

I try to get rid of all red lines before submitting. Learned that years back (take the red out!)

Thanks Taxed! My aging eyes thank you. It was View and then "Edit Tax Form Size." I changed the size from 14 to 18 (but may end up going back to 16).

I knew why the line was turning red. My question might be better stated as to what happens if I leave off the "W"ash sale code since the amount rounds to $0? Will IRS computers care that there is a wash sale on the 1099B that isn't shown on the tax return? But if I do leave the "W" code, it would be nice to know if an "override" or "estimate" will make it e-file.

Thanks again.