ATX Community

Farm Return Question: CCC-1099 G

Chrisbry

The Farmers are starting to receive their Form CCC-1099G for Government Payments.

Since the land is jointly owned by husband and wife, USDA reports 1/2 of the payments in Wife's SS# and 1/2 in husband's SS # even though the farm operations are 100% husband's (Sch F).

Would you report the CCC amounts for wife on her own Sch F and nominee them to husband? Or put them all on Sch F for husband.

The monies are direct deposited into the Farm account (which wife has NO access to--long story) and then applied against their farm operating note.

Just curious as to how other's are handling this on their Farm returns.

The Farmers are starting to receive their Form CCC-1099G for Government Payments.

Since the land is jointly owned by husband and wife, USDA reports 1/2 of the payments in Wife's SS# and 1/2 in husband's SS # even though the farm operations are 100% husband's (Sch F).

Would you report the CCC amounts for wife on her own Sch F and nominee them to husband? Or put them all on Sch F for husband.

The monies are direct deposited into the Farm account (which wife has NO access to--long story) and then applied against their farm operating note.

Just curious as to how other's are handling this on their Farm returns.

I "plow" into the clients info, then I "harvest" the numbers that I need to prepare the return. "Combining" all this together

is how I prepare a farmer's tax return.

Booger

490.gif

Seriously, Chrisby, I would report the wife's amount on a Scedule F for her, then "nominee" it

over to her husband's Schedule F. The IRS will be looking for her amount reported under her

SS number; this would be a way to show it under her SS number (Sorry for my BAD JOKE).

Booger

Seriously, Chrisby, I would report the wife's amount on a Scedule F for her, then "nominee" it

over to her husband's Schedule F. The IRS will be looking for her amount reported under her

SS number; this would be a way to show it under her SS number (Sorry for my BAD JOKE).

Booger

Quite alright Booger -- after the Monday I have had, I needed a good laugh!