ATX Community

Firefox 19.0 causing printing problems

Lee B

I have been using Firefox as my primary browser for 3 or 4 years. For the last year I have been

using a cloud based Acounting & Payroll SaaS which outputs everything that needs to be printed as a PDF file, which is opened in Adobe then printed or saved. Release 19.0 of Firefox has a new

feature called "Built In PDF Viewer" which is intercepting all of my PDF files in low quality graphics, looks like a print screen. I haven't been able to find a way to turn the feature off.

Therefore I thought would go back to the previous version 18.0 which I found at at site called

oldapps.com. My only question is should I uninstall the current version first before I download and install the older version or will the new install of the older version replace the new version?

The site below is the page concerning Firefox's pdf viewer. It has a trouble shooting page. Another thiung you can try (it worked for me) is make sure your pdf reader is the default reader. I found this in preferences in Adobe.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/view-pdf-files-firefox-without-downloading-them#w_troubleshoot-problems-with-the-pdf-viewer