ATX Community

FROM ATX REG BOARD - Over 500 returns and the database is completely unstable

joelgilb

I thought that this one was important enough that it should be posted here as well.

My concern is that this is not an isolated incident and those of you doing over 500 returns may have the same problem, so exporting your returns might be critical.

so here is the ATX Reg Board thread on this (quoted the posts but left off the names & none of these posts were from me):

The amount of issues and corrupt returns has increased dramatically since we broke the 500 mark. The question for ATX is: Will it help to export then delete our completed returns? By reducing the amount of data in the database will it become semi stable again? We are averaging 5-7 corrupt returns a week for the past two weeks. I am losing 1-2 hours a day just f***ing with database issues.

My return manager is getting really slow and I only have 300 returns. Everything is there, but it takes soooo long just to select a return!

As I've said previously, I believe ATX 2012 has fundamental design flaws. The database they are using is flawed and in my professional opinion, can not be fixed by ATX this tax season. I have also heard from a programmer who is familiar with the database they are using (RavenDB). He said the database will become slower and more unstable as it fills up with more clients, potentially resulting in corruption. I recommend you consider switching to other tax preparation software, such as Drake or ProSeries.

I crossed over the 1000 return mark last week i thought i could remove them by exporting but once they have an accepted status you can export, but it will not remove them from returns manager. i wasted hours after beening told by customer support to do this. she did not tell me they can not be deleted. I have had alot of slowness and my work station crashes (server has not crash but only twice) in last week. server is on windows 7 with 8mb 12.11 i have had no corrupted returns.

As I predicted: https://community.atxinc.com/forums/post/126308.aspx

I don't think there is anything you can do.

As I've said previously, I believe ATX 2012 has fundamental design flaws. The database they are using is flawed and in my professional opinion, can not be fixed by ATX this tax season. I have also heard from a programmer who is familiar with the database they are using (RavenDB). He said the database will become slower and more unstable as it fills up with more clients, potentially resulting in corruption. I recommend you consider switching to other tax preparation software, such as Drake or ProSeries.