ATX Community

My Day

Teri2414

First I had a 10 yr client call me and say 'I have to change my appt to such and such a day at noon. I jokingly say, 'Noon! When do I eat lunch?!' He says - non-jokingly - that's your problem. Then I have a neighbor who's son goes to school with mine - and I mean walks to school with him everyday. Still, she insists her out-of-state ex husband is claiming HOH, Dep..etc...She ends up owing every year...then I have an out-of-town referral come late (7pm) they have only W2's and rent and are not happy with the refund amount I told them. Literally, as soon as I've finished my final check of info (which includes entering 6 W2's worth of info as it not in the Payer Manager) the phone rings...they want to know if they can have their info back to see if they can't get more back! 8879 signed - FeeCollect (which is working properly now) signed!..Arghhhhh. I swaer, if anyone gets them more back..it's fraud...just venting a bit

First I had a 10 yr client call me and say 'I have to change my appt to such and such a day at noon. I jokingly say, 'Noon! When do I eat lunch?!' He says - non-jokingly - that's your problem. Then I have a neighbor who's son goes to school with mine - and I mean walks to school with him everyday. Still, she insists her out-of-state ex husband is claiming HOH, Dep..etc...She ends up owing every year...then I have an out-of-town referral come late (7pm) they have only W2's and rent and are not happy with the refund amount I told them. Literally, as soon as I've finished my final check of info (which includes entering 6 W2's worth of info as it not in the Payer Manager) the phone rings...they want to know if they can have their info back to see if they can't get more back! 8879 signed - FeeCollect (which is working properly now) signed!..Arghhhhh. I swaer, if anyone gets them more back..it's fraud...just venting a bit

In Michigan there is a "renter's credit" based on percentages/ratios of income to rent paid, ALL household income included. Last year young couple unmarried with baby each went to well known tax prep chain, EACH claimed total rent paid EACH received substantial credit. Were upset that there was no credit for 2007 as "we get it every year." I responded with you told the State of MI you paid AND the State of MI he paid... I don't think they will be back next year. lbb