ATX Community

2013 ATX and FAM issues resolved?

verbanik

Has anyone received any new information on the fix for the FAM and 2013 tax issues. I guess it has to do with the FAM software having multiple locations for the depreciation data and the new software not being able to find it? Who knows.

Last I heard after calling in and waiting for an hour, when they said they would let me know is a jan update release for FAM which would fix the problem.

Its really getting me worried when half of my rollovers crash the software because there is a depreciation error.

Anyone else????????????????????????????

Has anyone received any new information on the fix for the FAM and 2013 tax issues. I guess it has to do with the FAM software having multiple locations for the depreciation data and the new software not being able to find it? Who knows.

Last I heard after calling in and waiting for an hour, when they said they would let me know is a jan update release for FAM which would fix the problem.

Its really getting me worried when half of my rollovers crash the software because there is a depreciation error.

Anyone else????????????????????????????

Have you installed update 13.1?

Yes I did load 13.1.They said that would resolve it but it did not.

I am now on the phone AGAIN. The rep is talking to development who has the ticket. There is a problem with the asset classifications, they are not carrying over to the new FAM program.

I set up classifications for multi state clients and for creating custom reports to print out personal property reports. It seems like that is causing problems. I went into the new FAM program and they are not there. The new FAM program creates a whole new program for your data for use with 2013 in a new place, and leaves the old FAM program in the old location for the Fdup 2012 Tax program to use.

Support says they have tested the fix and it works, but they are releasing it as an update on Jan 2.

I am taking bets on whether it will wok or not, want in Jack.

Yes I did load 13.1.They said that would resolve it but it did not.

I am now on the phone AGAIN. The rep is talking to development who has the ticket. There is a problem with the asset classifications, they are not carrying over to the new FAM program.

I set up classifications for multi state clients and for creating custom reports to print out personal property reports. It seems like that is causing problems. I went into the new FAM program and they are not there. The new FAM program creates a whole new program for your data for use with 2013 in a new place, and leaves the old FAM program in the old location for the Fdup 2012 Tax program to use.

Support says they have tested the fix and it works, but they are releasing it as an update on Jan 2.

I am taking bets on whether it will wok or not, want in Jack.

You are talking of problems within the separate Fixed Asset Manager. I/we do not use the separate FAM program, so I have no first hand experience with it.

As far as your bet, send me a PM and tell me which person at ATX told you it would be fixed and I will contemplate your bet!!

Yep that did fix it.

I deleted a client out of 2013 ATX and FAM that was crashing.

Went into the old 12.1 FAM program (I can still access it on my laptop, did not upgrade on that yet) and deleted the asset classification and home state info for all 6 assets.

Went back into 2013 ATX and redid the rollover. Guess what it opens and works fine.

So hopefully their upgrade in Jan will pull over the classification and state info into the new 13 FAM.