ATX Community

client paid med bills

Donny

I hope this is not a repeat, client has own business, last year he was hurt, workers comp. paid hospital bill but told client they had to repay them. 07 client sent worker com$10000 toward hospital bills,

Now can this be claimed and if so would it be medical bills, they were sued by workers comp. for payment. if not medical then can it be claimed any place else. thank you they will have more to pay back this year

He has his own business but workers comp paid the hospital bill? Can you clarify? I don't think you can get workers comp insurance on yourself in the first place.

I hope this is not a repeat, client has own business, last year he was hurt, workers comp. paid hospital bill but told client they had to repay them. 07 client sent worker com$10000 toward hospital bills,

Now can this be claimed and if so would it be medical bills, they were sued by workers comp. for payment. if not medical then can it be claimed any place else. thank you they will have more to pay back this year

In some States you can elect to be covered by W/C for sole owners. Must have been a mistake of some nature by the sole owner.

I would say at least the payment represents medical expense to the owner. Because this was the underlying nature of the transaction given raise to the payment. That is the W/C people paid the medical bill and got reimbursed for the payment.

Not that much different from borrowing the money to pay bill.