ATX Community

M-2 turn off?

7204 MEM

I don't even have a "global settings" option in 1120S returns. Okay, this coupled with the fact that I can't add book to tax differences to the 1120S Sch L, Retained Earnings, is leading me to think I don't have a full program here. Are there functionality differences in the Pay Per Return program vs. the Unlimited Plan? I primarily do business returns.

OMG! I found where I think the programmers intended book/tax differences to be input for 1120S Sch L Retained Earnings. It's not really a separate schedule. From the BS, jump to the M-2 - Retained Earnings Schedule. It's a reproduction of the tax return for AAA with an EXTRA COLUMN titled "Retained Earnings Unappropriated/Timing Differences". It allows you to adjust AAA to book Retained Earnings as well as add an itemized list (which I think will print???). That's were I'll put my current issue which is a Distribution in Excess of AAA. I too had the adjustment on BS, Line 25 but don't want to confuse the client (or myself) when this rolls forward to next year.