ATX Community

Good Update

mrichman333

So a while back some of us were talking about changes we would like onedesk to make. One big issue for me was on Schedule C line 29 "Other Cost" where there is a pop-up window to enter items individually just like the "Other Expense" section. Difference was other cost did not have a statement listing each item, so looking at the return you would not know what the number was made up. I mentioned this last year and in the post.

Well it looks like onedesk was listing/reading the post. I just went to a sch. c return I have with other cost and there is now a federal statement that list the cost.

THANK YOU!!!

You may want to check some of the things you suggested to see if they made the changes. I noticed there have been several updates sense 047/15

I really think they are listening and do have a good product. it appears they are open to all of our suggestions and will work to meet our needs. One major issue that I found was the lack of an asset manager in the business module. I am looking forward to this next year. Personally I like a bit more detail in the statements but I don't know if anyone at the IRS really reads those and maybe my need for detail is for folks outside the IRS.

I did ask about beta testing but I don' think that OneDesk has that capability yet.

I really think they are listening and do have a good product. it appears they are open to all of our suggestions and will work to meet our needs. One major issue that I found was the lack of an asset manager in the business module. I am looking forward to this next year. Personally I like a bit more detail in the statements but I don't know if anyone at the IRS really reads those and maybe my need for detail is for folks outside the IRS.

I did ask about beta testing but I don' think that OneDesk has that capability yet.

The IRS may not need it, I don't know. If they don't then why have a pop up menu to enter items individually, why not just let me put the amount on the line. And if your going to have me enter them individually I'd like to look at the return and see what that amount is made of.