ATX Community

941/941 ACKS

ACS41

My program indicates I have 11 940/941 rejected by the agency. When I synronized with ATX and scrolled through the list, 5 of them show acceted in the log. When I go to the individual file, it indicates there is no rejection error to correct. BTW, these files have all been resubmitted. 3 hours on hold is a bit much for my limited patience. Does anyone have a clue what is going on with these. Thank god all of these taxes have been paid in full.

ACS, my last phone call with ATX regarding this issue was last Friday -- NO WAY was I calling yesterday (Monday's are nuts anyways). But it's time for another call.

I have 7 missing 940's ACK's -- I have given the ID's to TWO people. The last one said: They cannot re-generate the ACK's any more but they will have to manually FAX the ACK's to us. I have checked e-services at IRS and they do not have any record of receiving the forms.

Chris, I will try what you did checking IRS e-file to see what has been received.

Did anyone also e-file 1099's which are still in limbo? If we assume the worst, that ATX will also be unable to get these e-filed, we may want to start paper-filing these forms. Or at least get all the clerical work done with all the copying, so that they are ready to be mailed on the due date, which I think is 2/29.

It is difficult for me to believe how callous this company has been to what were formerly loyal customers. Because of CCH's errors in judgment and errors in technical tasks, and inability to engage in simple communications with its customers to avert all these unnecessary problems, my workload has grown enormously. What a waste of my time.

To those who abdicated already, go ahead, you can say "I told you so".

Chris, I will try what you did checking IRS e-file to see what has been received.

Did anyone also e-file 1099's which are still in limbo? If we assume the worst, that ATX will also be unable to get these e-filed, we may want to start paper-filing these forms. Or at least get all the clerical work done with all the copying, so that they are ready to be mailed on the due date, which I think is 2/29.

It is difficult for me to believe how callous this company has been to what were formerly loyal customers. Because of CCH's errors in judgment and errors in technical tasks, and inability to engage in simple communications with its customers to avert all these unnecessary problems, my workload has grown enormously. What a waste of my time.

To those who abdicated already, go ahead, you can say "I told you so".

I spoke with them today. They are "looking into my account and will call me back." Maybe?

Not to underestimate the importance of the 1099s, but there is clearly more downside if a 940 or 941 does not get processed. Nevertheless, once my 940/941s are resolved, I'll move on to 1099s. It looks like paper filings for the 1st quarter are going to be the only way.

RJM, I didn't call IRS E-file. I went to E-SERVICES online with the IRS. I checked the transcript of my clients. The ones that I have acceptances back on, are showing on the client's transcript. The others are not.

I don't have much faith in the IRS this year either. They are STILL processing an amended 940EZ from 2005 (it will be a year in May -- my inquiries are returned with, we are still working on it). :rolleyes:

Chris, I knew what you meant, just didn't state it correctly. I did check all the online IRS transcripts. Never did that before. Works quite well. Anyway, found that there are only 5 returns left that have not been filed. Called texupport and for the first time this year they were very helpful, and apologetic. Said the 5 returns would be filed in the next day, and I should call back in 2 days if not reflected on the IRS transcripts. They also said that IRS is aware of their problems, and no penalties would apply..... We'll see.