ATX Community

Adding a Letter Automatically to Each Return

Chowdahead

I created a couple of custom letters/documents that I want each client to sign prior to e-filing their return.  I can add them to each return manually, but I'd like each new return to contain this document.

In the setting I noticed that only 5-6 letters can be added automatically to each return, including the Engagement Letter.  As a work around, I could always modify a couple of these, but I'd rather use mine that has a custom name.

Anyone know of a way to add a custom letter to each return automatically?

I created a couple of custom letters/documents that I want each client to sign prior to e-filing their return.  I can add them to each return manually, but I'd like each new return to contain this document.

In the setting I noticed that only 5-6 letters can be added automatically to each return, including the Engagement Letter.  As a work around, I could always modify a couple of these, but I'd rather use mine that has a custom name.

There is none.  This went away with 2012 software.

There was a post on ATX board regarding how to print a 2nd copy of the engagement letter when printing the 2013 organizer.

A respondent suggested simply copying the letter in its entirety, add a page break and then paste the original engagement letter to the letter.

I never did locate a page break button or command in the edit routine, so I simply hit the enter key and added lines until the letter printed on 2 pages.

I share this as a possible answer for you to consider:

Save the current version of your Federal letter as a customized template labeled "short version"

Edit the Federal letter master form by copying and pasting all those customized letters and forms to the Federal letter as additional pages. This will force the program to print out the customized letters and forms for every client.

To a smaller extent I've used this approach to enter the Privacy Policy wording I want included in my letters.

It was easier to me than trying t edit the Policy paragraph verbiage in the ATX template....

• Like 1

There was a post on ATX board regarding how to print a 2nd copy of the engagement letter when printing the 2013 organizer.

A respondent suggested simply copying the letter in its entirety, add a page break and then paste the original engagement letter to the letter.

I never did locate a page break button or command in the edit routine, so I simply hit the enter key and added lines until the letter printed on 2 pages.

I share this as a possible answer for you to consider:

Save the current version of your Federal letter as a customized template labeled "short version"

Edit the Federal letter master form by copying and pasting all those customized letters and forms to the Federal letter as additional pages. This will force the program to print out the customized letters and forms for every client.

To a smaller extent I've used this approach to enter the Privacy Policy wording I want included in my letters.

It was easier to me than trying t edit the Policy paragraph verbiage in the ATX template....

This may work for me.  I'll see which way is more efficient. Thanks!

I forgot to mention that if the added wording doesn't work in the printing routine, the saved wording in the "short version" template you created is the wording of the letter before customizing so you could delete the contents of the edited Federal letter and paste in the wording from the saved "short version" original.

• Like 1