ATX Community

Not Authorized to Transmit

mekCPA

Although this topic was in general chit-chat, I decided to bring it to the top, and also have it be in the Efile Forum, since I spent quite a bit of time searching The Community last night for an answer, and it was not clear even after I found the thread in Chit-Chat if that really was my problem.........and the solution was to call Technical Support.

Sorry for those of you that already know this information, but I am guessing there are more like me out there, that may be struggling with this, or may soon be struggling with this.

Last night I tried to transmit my first return and got an error that my Client ID was not authorized to transmit.

Today I called ATX Technical Support and Billy informed me that like the Chit Chat post indicated, I needed a Credit Card on file. So, following are the instructions for how to do that and save 20 minutes on hold with Customer Service.

In case anyone wants to know the reason, which I was not able to find anywhere....it is because I am authorized to send 100 returns, after that it costs $3/$2 (fed/state...if I remember correctly). So, even though my first 100 are "paid in advance", I cannot send my first one until I give them a credit card for that 101st one. Whatever.

So, if you have encountered the same issue as me, here's how to avoid a 20 minute wait time to get the solution:

Go to www.atxinc.com, then to Access MyATX in the Upper RH corner. Type in your Client ID, Username and Password.

On the left hand side, in the gray box under Manage My Account, click on Contact Info then find Credit Card on File and in the Upper RH side of the Blue Bar, click "Add". (I was told that I should be able to transmit within 15-30 minutes)

This will take you to a screen to input your Credit Card info, and you will need to "Agree" to this:

I hereby acknowledge that I have read the following procedures and I authorize Universal Tax Systems, Inc. (“UTS”) to charge my credit card listed above for all amounts due on my account in accordance with the terms listed below. I represent and warrant that I am duly authorized to authorize any applicable payments.

I Accept. Check this box to enable the Continue button.

SOFTWARE PURCHASES / ELECTRONIC FILING FEES / OTHER FEES / CHARGES

1. Customer understands and agrees that UTS shall have planned and incurred expenses in anticipation of its performance under the License Agreement for software licensed by Customer and that Customer shall have received value from UTS such as prior year software and registration codes, access to the Electronic Filing Center, and training and marketing materials prior to receipt of the software package itself and that no refund shall be made for any reason more than 30 days after the date of placing the order for the software. In no event will shipping and handling charges be refunded.

2. Billing for software purchases will occur as approved by UTS and authorized by you at the time of your purchase. All billing for electronic filing fees (if applicable) will occur on a regular, approximately, weekly basis. The billing will show both the EFILE fees and bank product rebates (if applicable), along with any amounts credited to your account. We will charge your credit card after each billing for ANY BALANCE DUE and send you a statement detailing billing for the period. Transmission privileges will be suspended if the card is invalid or declined.

3. We require the credit card to have sufficient available credit to meet all expected charges. A credit card that is invalid or declined will result in the suspension of transmission privileges.

4. Should you have a question with a bill, we will be happy to discuss the issue with you. If we have made an incorrect charge, we will adjust your account immediately and show the adjustment on your next statement.

5. For your convenience, and to insure timely payment and uninterrupted service of your account, your credit card listed above will be used for other charges on your account, such as additional software purchases, shipping charges, etc.

Please retain a copy for your records.