ATX Community

Any Considering Leaving ATX

TonyP

I'm getting more and more dissatisfied with ATX this year. The wait-time for phone support is excessive, if I don't see some significant improvement, I'll be thinking to change to another tax software company next year. And now received an e-file error because of problems with the ATX server. After waiting 35+ minutes, finally got a cutomer service rep who informed me that they (ATX/CCH) are having server maintenance problems, try again in a couple of hours. These current experiences are quite sad; I've used ATX since 1999, loved it, service and performance was great, not anymore.

Are others sharing a similar assessment?

I'm pretty much with you, Tony; I basically have stopped calling ATX for help. If the answer's not in ATXCommunity or the TaxBook ATX board, I invent a workaround/override, and move on.

Unless Drake gets its 1041 program uptospeed (*), I'll go back to Lacerte -- which I left for ATX six years ago, but still use in the office of a guy I consult for. I need a Swiss Army Knife; my clients are an incredibly diverse lot, always evolving.

(When I test-drove Drake, last summer, its 1041 failed at something measly, two of its techs scarcely understood the problem, and *no one* followed-up after I'd uploaded the file -- just like ATX, these days.)

Most disgruntledly yours, Kurt

I'm getting more and more dissatisfied with ATX this year. The wait-time for phone support is excessive, if I don't see some significant improvement, I'll be thinking to change to another tax software company next year. And now received an e-file error because of problems with the ATX server. After waiting 35+ minutes, finally got a cutomer service rep who informed me that they (ATX/CCH) are having server maintenance problems, try again in a couple of hours. These current experiences are quite sad; I've used ATX since 1999, loved it, service and performance was great, not anymore.

Are others sharing a similar assessment?

Same here...ATX has been great over the past few years but this year has been horrible. I e-filed a 1120-S on February 1 which still says "Validated by ATX." It appears to me that the business software was not ready for e-filing when I sent this return to the EFC. However, since this returns has erros that NO ONE at ATX appears to be able to correct, I am unable to do anything with it. I have been on the phone daily with ATX attempting to resolve this issue. M

Also, today I ordered 10 PRS returns on-line. After two hours, I still do not have an activation code so that I can access these returns. I should not have to wait to receive these returns. This is costing me time and money since I am unable to work on any returns until I receive the PRS activation code.

Same here...ATX has been great over the past few years but this year has been horrible. I e-filed a 1120-S on February 1 which still says "Validated by ATX." It appears to me that the business software was not ready for e-filing when I sent this return to the EFC. However, since this returns has erros that NO ONE at ATX appears to be able to correct, I am unable to do anything with it. I have been on the phone daily with ATX attempting to resolve this issue. M

Also, today I ordered 10 PRS returns on-line. After two hours, I still do not have an activation code so that I can access these returns. I should not have to wait to receive these returns. This is costing me time and money since I am unable to work on any returns until I receive the PRS activation code.

Old Tomatoes never die, they just ketchup.

Booger