ATX Community

OLT Pro Tax Software

Yardley CPA

Has anyone used OLT Pro Tax Software?  If so, what were your thoughts?  Received a flyer indicating a cost of $399 for web ($499 for desktop) for "unlimited returns" including personal and business.  I've already renewed with ATX but was curious as to the capabilities of this program. 

www.oltpro.com 

OLTPRO and ONEDESK are the same software.  I have used onedesk for the past three tax years.   I did have issues with the program this year more then others.   Forget the MFJ/MFS doesn't work unless  the couple are both W-2 only no kids and do not itemize deductions.

You have to keep a eye on the AMT calculations, be aware it assume Mortgage Interest is NOT qualified.

If for example the TP works in one state and lives in another and the W-2 only list the work state you have to enter the home state and make up a EIN other wise the income will not carry to the home state.    Things such as this are quarks and once you are aware of them it's a non issue.

I renewed with OLTPRO for $399.  The program is worth that much, but not a lot more.

• Like 1