ATX Community

More Errors

Terry D EA

Still getting repeated errors from this so-called tax program. Here are some other areas of trouble I found as well. The MFJ vs MFS tool is absolutely useless. It calculates the same as last year. It might as well not be a part of the program. I will attempt to call support tomorrow which I will probably be wasting my time. I will start with Dan and then on to OLT. The TRX snafu was almost better than this stuff. I have learned my lesson and will be going with Drake for next year. Can't stand it any longer.

FYI - I have noticed that on Sch E when dividing expenses between personal use and rental use, the program takes the full amount of expenses and does not calculate by the number of rental days. Watch out for that. It doesn't even ask if you want to include the difference on Sch A. Also, if you use form 8829 OIH, the program will not separate the expenses by the percentage of use. You have to do it all manually. It does ask if you want the difference in mortgage interest to go to Sch A but my client was not itemizing so I don't know if it actually went to Sch A or not.