ATX Community

My Turn To Vent

GraceNY

Every year the Trust tax documents come in later and later.....There was 1 Trust and 1 brokerage account.  Last year there was still 1 Trust, but now there is 2 brokerage accounts.  Trustee decides that it would be easier if they separate the assets of the 2 beneficiaries under the trust.  Making the trust tax preparation more complex.  This year, he emails me the tax statement for 1 brokerage account.  Besides being unreadable, I ask where is the other brokerage account?  Oh, I gave that to XXXX, one of the beneficiaries, she's old enough now to be able to prepare their own return.  Really?  What's the registration and tax id on that tax form?  The Trust.  Good luck.

And, the next time he asks me how much I'll be charging this year, I'm going to say, "not enough."

• Like 5

Well, Grace, why don't you just drop them? I have worked my ass off this tax season, and am now at the point that unless I like the person and the project, I am ready to let some clients go. Just go. My Dad always said, "Take your fist out of a bucket of water and guess what? There's no hole." I took that to mean that there will always be something or somebody to take their place. Next.

I've made enough money this year, and have cleared out a few clients who just bogged me down in the past. I feel better for it.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, SFA said:

Well, Grace, why don't you just drop them? I have worked my ass off this tax season, and am now at the point that unless I like the person and the project, I am ready to let some clients go...

I've made enough money this year, and have cleared out a few clients who just bogged me down in the past. I feel better for it.

I can't wait till my daughter gets out of grad school and I'm not paying tuition and Nashville rent and I'm rich.  I've got my hit list and waiting for that glorious day.  Amen and amen and amen.

• Like 8